Map & Directions

Ground: St Mary’s Field, Skilling Hill Road, Bridport. DT6 5LA.

Tel: 01308 423834

Midweek Home: Wednesdays

Club Website

Colours: Red & Black Shirts, Black Shorts, Black Socks

Alternative Colours: Yellow Shirts, Yellow Shorts, Yellow Socks

Nickname: The Bees

Chairman: Mr Adrian Scadding

Secretary: Mrs Heather Scadding

Address: 158 South Street, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 3NP

Work: 01308 424381

Mobile: 07957 526268

E-mail: bridportfc@btconnect.com

 

League Honours

League Champions: 1985/86*, 1986/87*, 1987/88*

League Runners-up: 1959/60*, 1960/61*, 1995/96

League Cup Winners: 1957/58*, 1958/59*, 1986/87*, 1987/88*

League Cup Runners-up: 1960/61*, 1962/63*

* denotes 1st Team

 

Click here for all league positions

 

Ground Directions

By Car: From all directions - go to the town centre and turn into South Street next to the old Town Hall (a largish building with a clock tower on top which is unmistakable and unmissable). Take the third right (opposite the supermarket) into Skilling Hill Road which takes you between  two parts of Palmers Brewery and over a bridge. Entrance to the ground is then immediately on the right.

 

Club History

Bridport Football Club was formed on October 7th 1885 by members of the town’s Cricket and Lawn Tennis Club. The first 10 years were spent playing friendly matches throughout Dorset, until in 1896 they joined the newly formed Dorset League, where they stayed for just two seasons.

Read more

 

During the following 20 years the club entered the South Dorset League, then the West Dorset League. In 1912 they joined the Perry Street League and won the championship in their first season. After the First World War a reserve side was formed to continue playing in the Perry Street League, while the firsts re-entered the South Dorset League.

After playing at the town’s Cricket Ground for almost 40 years the move to the Crown Ground was made in 1931 and whilst there the Dorset Senior League was won in 1950. The move to their present home, St. Mary’s Field came in 1953.

Bridport were founder members of the Dorset Combination in 1957 where they remained until 1961 when they entered the Western League while the Reserve side took over their Combination place. The situation remained the same until the start of the 1983/4 season when the First Team resigned from the Western League due to financial difficulties after playing just six league games and took the place of their Reserve team in the Combination, where they remained for next four seasons, winning the title three times. The First Team were then accepted back into the Western League in 1988.

After a few seasons in and out of the Dorset County League, Bridport Reserves returned to the Combination at the start of the 1991/92 season and were Runners-up in 1995/96, before being relegated the following season. However they won the Dorset Division title at the first attempt and were duly promoted back to the Counties top flight in 1998/99, where they have remained since, their highest position being attained in their first season back when they finished fifth.